The ideal candidate will:
– Be a critical thinker, creative problem solver with a keen sense of aesthetics and the design tools to help the team bring compelling ideas to fruition.
– Personable, easy to work with, and passionate about creating innovative products and experiences. Must be articulate, resourceful and extremely meticulous.
– Have the ability to communicate ideas and concepts visually (as this is a hands-on position) and do whatever it takes to get products to market on time – including sketching, CAD modeling and rendering. The candidate must demonstrate a balance of both creative and analytical aptitude, as well as exceptional visual talent, instinct and problem-solving skills.
– Have a minimum education level of Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design
– Years of related work experience: 1-3 year
– Portfolio link or pdf (required)
– Proficient with: SolidWorks, AutoCad, Adobe Suite and MS Office.
– Have Retail industry experience – proven experience taking multiple projects from concept to mass production
Responsibilities & duties include:
– 2D sketching and visualization, 3D surfacing and photorealistic rendering.
– Understand user behavior as it relates to design and have a passion for creating meaningful user experiences.
– Team player that will be able to handle multiple different tasks to support the team.
– Make and take constructive criticism while maintaining a sense of humor and a balanced perspective.
– Must be able to travel nationally and abroad.
– Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision with high attention to detail and quality.
– Cross-functional collaboration (Product, program, engineering, marketing, BP, legal, etc.)
– Assist with all phases of product development, from design conception to final production drawing for manufacturing.
– Create and concept product ideas from multiple sources of inspiration.
– Create initial sketch of product for review by the design team.
– Tweak and modify concept sketch.
– 3D model concept sketch for approval by the design/engineering team.
– In conjunction with the engineering team, produce production drawings in CAD for manufacturing.
– Assist with post-production product modifications.
Compensation and Benefits
As a small company, you will have the opportunity to apply, develop, and grow your software development skills. MTI offers an excellent compensation package including:
– Competitive salary
– Paid vacation
– Personal days
– Health Insruance
Market Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.